Saturday, December 1, 2012

Road To Rio
The Debut

I'll keep this blog short today.  Today was my debut at the Tiffin Open at the indoor track facility in Tiffin, Ohio.  I registered for the Long Jump, High Jump, Shot Put, 60m dash and 60m hurdles.  Way to much to handle at a meet not aimed at multi-events.  Basically it was chaos. That is the only way I can describe it.  I missed the 60m dash(I actually wanted to run that one), my last jump in the long jump and I was late to my last(failed) jump in the high jump.  I even jumped off the wrong foot in the long jump because I switched recently.  To make matters worse I didn't arrive in time for warmups or to get steps for the long jump OR high jump.  Well that's the bad new. The good news is that I maintained a level head throughout, something come to think of it is crucial for a multi-eventer.  You have to keep going regardless of perfomance.  

When the dust settled I had cleared 5"10(correction I just checked and it was 6"0"!, next meet i'll try to clear my height 6"2' haha) in the high jump, I jumped 19"00 on the wrong leg in the long jump.  I ran my FIRST EVER in the hurdles(last place in a fast heat).  I just thankful the God because I enjoyed it and my drive there and back was safe and easy(albeit I got lost in Delaware, sorry its Delaware, Mr Morgan I'm looking at you haha). Here are the few pictures I managed to snap since I was so busy. 





Up next is the Capital meet next Saturday Dec 8th.  Pray for better results :) 

Thanks and God bless you guys
Find Jesus in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment