Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Road To Rio- The First Stop

So this is it. This is the first time I will be competing against other. This weekend i'll take a short drive to Tiffin, Ohio for my first taste of competition against other athletes.  I have put in a lot of work to get to this point and I don't expect to be dissapointed.  This weeks workouts have been scaled down but the intensity hasn't been reduced.  Before I was lifting for muscle strength by doing longer repetitions with a few sets.  Now ALL of my lifting is now 80-90 percent of my maximum with only 5 to 6 repetitions.  As a physiology major in college I know this is what I have to put my body through in preparation for a "peak" I am pretty much overloading my body on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday in preparation for the Saturday meet.  Thursday and Friday are actually dedicated solely to rest and recovery in preparation for a great performance. 

I wanted to say thanks to all the people who have read my blogs or watched my youtube videos these past few months.  You know who you are so I don't have to say anymore.  Please continue to watch as I will also continue to keep you as updated as I can! You can actually see a video I made for you guys at the bottom of this page.

I will post the results of my meet as well as an evaluation of how I did on Sunday or Monday after Dec 1st.  Thanks for joining me on my journey to Rio! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment