Thursday, October 11, 2012

Journey To Rio
Motivation To Be My Best


So again it's been a little while since I wrote my last blog.  I just wanted to update everyone on how my training is coming along.  I have continued my weight lifting and I am still running a few days of the week.  The problem right now and what is most discouraging is the weather.  It is starting to get colder and the air thinner so it's a little harder while training.  As you must know by now, the outdoor weather will not phase me or deter my training.  I have training in harsh weather conditions before; you can see the youtube of me below training in the rain...why stop because of a little weather. In fact that was one of my favorite training sessions to date!  Most of my workouts are now on the treadmill indoor though.  I also substitute a little of my cardio by playing pickup basketball.  Yes I know I shouldn't because of risk of injury and I'm happy to announce I won't be playing like that any more.  Because of previous ankle injuries as I mentioned in my first few blogs,  I usually end up with swollen ankles after every basketball session.  I just cannot afford to have this anymore.  So that's it done, end of discussion.  Anyways continuing on the current affairs,  I am still targeting competing in my first meet this December.  Specifically in the Case Western Multi-Events meet. During this indoor heptathlon I will compete in the 55m dash, 55m hurdles, Long Jump, High Jump, Shot Put, Pole Vault, and Finally the 1000m(5 times around the tiny indoor track) The actual date and schedule has not acutally been set yet, I'm just going off of last year's date but as soon as it becomes available, you can bet I will be the first to sign up! Another perk? It's Free to enter the competition! 

Usually as an independent or "unattached" athlete, you pay 10-20 dollars just to be able to compete. While brings me to my next point,  I will have to pay for the pole vault training.  And this is also a case of motivation.  Do I want to shop 200 bucks for someone to train me.  I think so.  As you know there is a large degree of danger when it comes to the pole vault.  I have never actually done it before and actually thinking about it sometimes scares me.  I have always been about safety and injury precaution so you bet I will take the best approach to learning this new craft.  I plan to contact the coach today and set up my training for the whole of next month in hopes of being ready to compete in Cleveland in December.  This indoor heptathlon will be my first taste of whether I have what it takes.  Wish me luck, and most importantly PRAYERS of protection from injury.
Thank you all for reading and supporting.



No comments:

Post a Comment