Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Road To Rio 16
December, Come On Soon

So I've been training over a month now and I feel like i'm getting better in every aspect, my speed, my legs are more powerful, and i'm throwing the shot put further every time.  But... I don't know exactly how far.  I don't know how fast my 100m or my 400m is.  I simply haven't been tested under competition conditions. You can see my short training video below from my lastest sprint runs. The good news I can report is that after a long workout I still ran my last 100m in 12.4 sec, which adjusted to the wind would have been a 11.9.  It's nothing like running against someone else. That's ok though, come December, the Journey takes a turn and gets real.  How will I do under real conditions, while competing indoor? Something I've never done in track and field.  Well we'll have to wait and see.  The next target is pole vault training.  I hope to start training at an indoor facility next month with a certified instructor.  It's expensive so I have to weigh the benefits but I believe it will all pay off in the end. The Case Western Multi Events meet in December. That is target numero uno. Follow me on my journey...... To Rio......

In Christ
O.M.G

No comments:

Post a Comment